[plug] Linux/doze support in WA

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Fri Feb 3 16:04:02 WST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 07:52, Brian Parish wrote:
> I hope this is not considered OT for this list.
>
> We run a support business from Melbourne and have some customers in WA
> requiring Linux and Windows support.  The Linux boxes are small servers and
> the customers are small to medium business.
>
> We are looking for people with skills on both to either step in when required
> to supplement remote support, and/or to establish an ongoing arrangement to
> support and extend our business in WA.
>
> If you have these skills and particularly if you are a one man band support
> business who would like to expand, please contact me off list.  This is not
> franchising spam - we are after you, not your money!
>
> cheers
> Brian

Hi Brian,

Please put me down as interested.

As a quick run-down i've been self-employed for a bout 4 years and I
have Diploma in IT (that contained the w2k MCSE track) and a few n4/w2k
MCP certs that I gained before seriously getting into Linux.

I mainly support home users and micro-businesses usually working with
(and doing a lot of hand-holding for) people that need help with all
aspects of their PC use.

This includes hardware, software, networking, internet, virus, spyware
issues.

 I do have a few larger customers but the lions-share are home users and
I often support areas of the market where the margins are generally not
high enough to be able to employ staff and I don't get exposed to
servers enough but this is gradually changing.

I work with another guy names James Brown when I setup servers and carry
out more complex network integration but I need to drive him around as
he has no car.

I would like the opportunity to work with other people and share an
office.

best regards,

--
Chris Caston