[plug] Echolinux: VOIP, ham

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Fri Feb 3 21:01:34 WST 2006

At 07:46 PM 3/02/2006, you wrote:

>I would think a visit to your local newsagent would be a good start. Check
>out the publications on ham radio.  There should be something there to get
>you started.

Like this one :-)
http://www.wia.org.au/foundation/foundation%20licence%20information-v1.pdf

The Foundation License is designed to be easy to obtain and would be a
perfect entry into Amateur radio for anyone interested. If you've looked
into it before, the morse code requirement has been long dropped.

IRLP (http://www.irlp.net) is a ham VoIP system (radio <> Internet) that
runs on Linux.

Finally... what is this ham radio stuff?
http://www.wia.org.au/What%20is%20Amateur%20Radio.php

Cheers,
Gavin.

---
       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
     ICQ: 17230395       MSN/Skype/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au