[plug] Echolinux: VOIP, ham

Mark J Gaynor mark at mjg.id.au
Sat Feb 4 07:03:15 WST 2006

Hey Chris,

I'm not aware that anything exists here in the west or in Australia on this
new technology. The existing VoIP modes in Amateur radio that most are
using is IRLP and Echolink. Ilink I think is not as popular, but I could be
mislead here. I don't think it is as popular as the other two modes.

Keep in mind that you require a valid Amateur license to utilise these
modes and any radio services that these modes connect with.

Do you have an Amateur radio license?

Mark
de VK6ZEO