[plug] Fwd: FYI: Girls in IT event grant request

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Feb 6 11:56:58 WST 2006

That's about four weeks away. How about it? Pia's an interesting
speaker.

Cheers; Leon

----------  Forward; originally to Linux Australia  ----------
Subject: [Linux-aus] Girls in IT event grant request
Date: Monday 06 February 2006 07:27
From: Pia Waugh <pia at waugh id au>

Hi all,

just a quick follow up about my grant request for a $1500 sponsorship
and my travel to Perth for an event talking to 2,500 girls about FOSS
(http://www.gogirlwa.org.au/). I've had really positive feedback from
loads of people :) Now I just need to get the funding organised if LA
is happy to go ahead with the grant :) As a ctte member I am ensuring
that all correspondence on this is on the public record so that
everyone is happy with it.

the event is the 7/8th March, which doesn't correlate with any PLUG
events, but I would love to meet up with PLUG and am happy to give a
talk there on the night of the 7th if of interest to the PLUGers :)

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia
 http://linux.org.au/

"Is kneeling a criteria for talking to you?" - Philip Lindsay to
 Jeff