[plug] ISPs in WA

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz_g at arach.net.au
Tue Feb 7 16:20:03 WST 2006

Quoting Gregory Orange <gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com>:

> Tomasz Grzegurzko wrote:
> > Quoting doodli <doodli at westnet.com.au>:

> >> slowly
> >> his
> collapsing

> >> Omen BBS. Now there are some very good memories. First contact with
> >> Internet as such, extra 10$ month above the bbs fees, but don't quote me.
> >
> > <sigh> I want to play MajorMUD again =) Good old WAOL and MGM days ...
> >
> > Tomasz
>
> Mmmm a bit of TradeWars action on WAOL would go down well (: What ever
> happened to BBSs anyway - did they all completely fade away as the WWW
> waded in?
>
> Greg.

More or less; people realised that the net was cheaper (or the same price per
month) and connected you to a far larger world. The chats etc were just a
prelude to IRC where you could talk to even more people, and online gaming was
growing over the 'net rather than the sturdy IPX lans we'd built =)

Shame; if anyone has mud lying around, give me a yell =) I'd like to consider
reverse engineering the sucker, maybe even give it a GUI and bring it to the
modern age..

Tomasz