[plug] problems with iinet this morning

Hennie Strydom hns1 at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 7 17:11:25 WST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 07:56 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Anyone else having problems with iinet this morning (DNS amongst other
> things)?
>
> Ive "been playing" with things and am not totally sure its their fault!
>
> BillK

Something has been acting up with IINET since last night, and I am not
sure that it is DNS only since I do not always get the domain not found
message on failure, but more typically only an eventual timeout.
I was for instance not able to connect to the Dick Smith website last
night, but that just timed out, but at present I do experience the odd
DNS error.  Neither affects all sites, most sites I try work well.

Regards
  Hennie