[plug] LINUX 1-Way Satellite Internet Network Share ?

Randal Adamson ranz at devdata.net
Wed Feb 8 21:53:42 WST 2006

> I have this problem of sharing a one way Satellite/ISDN connection in
> my
> network. Telstra only supports a single computer solution under
> Windows.
>
> Anyone aware of a solution under linux?

Gosh this brings back memories :)

I recall Hughes developing a Linux solution and it was compatible with
DirectPC (Telstra's rebadged sat product). But I remember it being
expensive and that Telstra offered no support. Can you not get their 2-Way
solution?

Perhaps whirlpool site might have something on this. At any rate, I think
in the end I just had a Windows PC setup with this and then used the
Internet Sharing part of windows to "network" the internet.

Cheers,

Ranz