[plug] Family membership

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 04:54:48 WST 2006

I'm not sure why there is so much consternation about this, to me it
seems simple.
1) We're not here to make a profit.
2) The services we do offer have next to no overhead at all.
Society seems to think that a family is two adults and a child or
more, I'm happy to go with this.
I also understand that there may come special circumstances, such as a
single parent and three kids or two dads and no mother  with a couple
of kids etc etc.
But because of point 1 and 2, I don't see the problem with being
somewhat flexible with fee's and making on the spot decisions. We're
not going to see these things happen very often and when they do we
should be focusing on the fact that they want to join, not that we
might lose out on some money.
So I propose this:
2 parents and a child or a family type group that is about to pay for
fee's of about $25 or more then automatically readjust the fee
structure to charge all of them at the child/pensioner rate.
ie
2 adults and a child would be $15 instead of $25

If we get an unusual one like a massive corporate request then we can
pan it to the committee.

Remember points 1) and 2)
1) We're not here to make a profit.
2) The services we do offer have next to no overhead at all.

Marcus
--
www.modmeup.net
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10