[plug] Question for everyone

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Fri Feb 10 14:59:32 WST 2006

Mike Holland wrote:
> Senectus . wrote:
>> I find that when I plug a USB drive or a memory card into Ubuntu or if
>> I map a network drive to Ubuntu via samba then I delete a file off one
>> of these external storage setups it will then create a .Trash-username
>> file and move the file there.
> That is surprising. Even windoze doesn't keep a trash-can on USB drives.
> But why are you using a GUI file manager at all?
> Seriously, learn bash and loose the training wheels.

Seriously? The more the hardcore users[1] abandon them, the less call
there will be for GUI apps to work properly[2].
Greg.

[1] A contextualised working definition of hardcore users: those
actually able to "learn bash and loose [sic] the training wheels".

[2] Consistently, in a standards-defined way, easily, having a sensible
layout, *shrug* a subjective determination which is not highly relevant
here.