[plug] ato

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 10 14:10:57 WST 2006

Alex Polglaze <apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au> writes:

>Whatever happened to the ATO group that was looking at making their
>software work under Linux?

>We have been running their ECI software for a couple of years and
>we moved to Mozilla. The software works, but the certificate
>renewal process doesn't.

It also doesn't work reliably under XP/IE

>When I tried to get help, you get the usual bulldust about
>incompatible browsers and unless you change....

The idea is that you plug your Windows (2000/XP) machine directly
into the Internet with all firewall software, etc disabled and leave
it connected for the hour or two that it takes to complete the
process. It's required to ensure your security!

Methinks ATO have bought a turkey from a PFK and are insiting that
it's an elegant swan... because that's what they've paid for.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
 X   against HTML mail     |  they threaten."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.