[plug] Wanted: dotmatrix printer

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Thu Feb 23 08:52:54 WST 2006

Shannon Carver wrote:
> On the topic of Dot Matrix printers, have these things actually
> disappeared into obscurity??  I've got a friend who makes PCB designs to
> be manufactured and he's always on the lookout for dot matrix printers
> as they're apparently the only ones that'll print on the special design
> paper or something.
>
> I guess what I'm asking is, is it a dead technology? Or are there still
> applications that need this particular type of printer?

It's still difficult to print multi-part forms without actually
"striking" the paper in some manner, though I'm sure that'll change
eventually.  There must be some kind of need out there as most
manufacturers still produce a couple of models of dot matrix printers,
and they're expensive.

Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!