[plug] video cards

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 24 07:40:53 WST 2006

Radeon M9, works ok but every now and again I have to fiddle with things
to get opengl to work (last was dri not working as modules must be
forced to load in a particular order!) Tried firegl - wont
softwaresuspend, so using xorg with in kernel dri.  Feels like ongoing
pain.

nvidia.  Have to choose the driver version carefully.  Can manually
patch source so it plays nicely with software suspend2.

servers, dont care I have both in various machines.  desktops, both no
advantage one over the other. MythTV, nvidia seems the only way to go
(older 5200 cards are/were best 'bfb' for this)

BillK