[plug] video cards

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 09:44:06 WST 2006

On 2/24/06, simon <simon at chrome64.org> wrote:
> Kev (kdownes at tpg.com.au) wrote:
> >
> > Senectus . wrote:
> >
> > > I've always used nvidia cards with an absolute minimal fuss, and
> > > pretty darn good performance.
> > > Under Linux I'd always recommend Nvidia.
> >
> > Ditto here.  Mine have always configured automagocally and worked
> > flawlessly.  In fact I get better performance in Linux than with the
> > latest drivers under Wintendo.
>
> OK, so does nvidia do a dual head card? Or is it all single head killer 3D
> performance stuff?
>
> I want a decent dual head card with nice image quality (which is why I
> originally bought my matrox) and I couldnt care less about 3D.

I've never done dual head on linux but I've seen it done.
It's call Twin View under nvidia
the option in the xorg.conf looks like this:
Option "TwinView" "TRUE"
Apparently you can even do Dual Head XGL on nvidia :-D
A good ubuntu how to here:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=130002&highlight=%22Nvidia+dual+head%22

--
www.modmeup.net