[plug] video cards

Mark Fryer mfryer at westnet.com.au
Sat Feb 25 22:01:05 WST 2006

Mike Holland wrote:

> simon wrote:
>
>> OK, so does nvidia do a dual head card? Or is it all single head
>> killer 3D
>> performance stuff?
>

> Arn't they mostly dual-head now? You can use the VGA and DVI ports to
> drive separate screens. Maybe triple-head if you add a TV :-)

I found my 6600gt would only drive 2 screens at a time, I have two
monitors and a tv plugged into it and under linux wouldn't even drive
more than the first monitor (admittedly i didn't spend very long working
on it) but under windows allows selection of any 2 but never 3. You may
need to look into matrox cards for triple headed tricks but all the
nvidia cards i've had from gf4mx up have been able to drive dual screens
(even if the second had to be run out of s-video). Keep in mind not all
video cards are made equal tho' as different manufacturers manage to
include (or leave out) all sorts of different features on the boards.