[plug] LEON BROOKS UPDATE

Alex Nordstrom lx at se.linux.org
Tue Feb 28 13:19:15 WST 2006

Tuesday, 28 February 2006 12:21, Senectus . wrote:
> On 2/28/06, Alex Polglaze <apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au>
wrote:
> > As I understand it, the other car was stationary and opened his
> > door as Leon was riding past. That is all I have been able to glean
> > so far.
>
> Oh man.. with all the cycling I've been doing lately I've had lots of
> near misses like this as well :-(
>
> Other people are so inconsiderate of cyclists..

Inconsiderate doesn't even begin to describe it.

Motorcycling: ride as though drivers can't see you.
Cycling: ride as though they can--and are trying to kill you.

I claim the lane if there are cars parked on the side of the road
(especially on Albany Hwy and in the CBD). If drivers have a problem
with it, they can learn to look outside before swinging their doors
open. Completely unnecessary events like this one are just way too
frequent.

get_well_soon_wishes++;

--
Alex Nordstrom