[plug] LEON BROOKS UPDATE

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Tue Feb 28 22:11:40 WST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 20:06, Jim Householder wrote:
> Senectus . wrote:

> >> As I understand it, the other car was stationary and opened his door as Leon was riding
> >> past. That is all I have been able to glean so far.
> >
> > Oh man.. with all the cycling I've been doing lately I've had lots of
> > near misses like this as well :-(
> >
> > Other people are so inconsiderate of cyclists..
> >

> I learned long ago to look for potential door openings (i.e. any person
> on that side of the vehicle).  Had I not been sitting up holding on near
> the post I would have lost the fingers on my right hand.  I did lose the
> tape on the handlebar where my hand was a few minutes earlier.
>
> Most people on the road, including cyclists, are in their own little
> world most of the time.
>
> Jim

Yes, I almost got cleaned when a car ignored the give-way sign (or
perhaps it was a stop) before the intersection of Lolyd and Great
Eastern hwy (I think) in Midland.

My quick reactions must have saved heaps but it could have easily gone
the other was as well.

Please let us (the list) know if the Brooks family needs any financial
support at this time.

regards,

Chris