[plug] FTP dates gone crazy and missing files everywhere ?

Ranime ranime at westnet.com.au
Mon Jan 2 09:35:30 WST 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 08:18 am, you wrote:
> Ranime wrote:
> > OK, it seems that gftp is the problem, maybe...
> >
> > my computer date and time is sync with ntp.adelaide.edu.au  .
> >
> > if I manualy untick the box for ntp and set the clock back to
> > 31/12/05 then when I use gftp and log in to ftp.iinet.net  ,
> > the dates are correct again and all the missing updates are back.
>
> If setting your system clock manually solves the problem, then
> perhaps your system isn't in fact successfully syncing to the time
> server.
>
> Try re-syncing with 'ntpdate time.uwa.edu.au' or 'ntpdate
> ntp.adelaide.edu.au' then re-launching ntpd.
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

the system clock is very successfully in sync with the ntp server on all
three different computers here.

setting the clock manually to today's date produces the problem....

setting the clock via the ntp server  to today's date produces the
problem....

however...
setting the system clock manually to the 31st Dec 2005 allows me to see
the correct dates on the ftp server with the gftp program...
and the files that are dated 30 dec 2005.

the files dated 30 dec 2005 were not there with the clock set either way
to todays date ???

also all three computers Mandriva 10.1 the  10.2  & the 2006 box have
the same problem using different versions of gftp  .....

using Konqueror  "web page access"  always shows the correct date and
files on the ftp sites where they allow port 80 entry via a web page.

--

Regards.
Ranime.

Linux Counter Registered User #302050