[plug] Overclocking a CPU

l anderson easygoing at aijv.com.au
Mon Jan 2 10:14:02 WST 2006

Howdy,
Did everyone have an enjoyable XMAS/New Year.

What needs to be carried out to overclock the CPU on an HP Vectra VE, CPU's
present speed is set at 233Mhz which is I believe the standard setting.
How far can we push the speed without overclocking to far.
This will be my first attempt at overclocking.

I also wish to add a second hdd as the original is very small.
Adding a second disk is in it self simple enough The jumper settings
should be ?????.
Several attempts so far have been unsucessfull in this area.
Intend using the original disk for the OS, everthing else will reside on
the second disk.

The project for this machine will need to run MS I am sad to say.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Laurie