[plug] First Post for the year! Woot!!

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 11:18:36 WST 2006

On 01/01/06, Tim <weirdit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Happy New Year all you PLUGers!
> Now go back to your partys!

Whoa. It's almost too scary, to see a post, from me, when I sure don't
remember sending it! :p
To give you an idea of server speeds and stuff... It took cron 3
seconds to actually load my crontab, run the script, and send the
email. It then took less than 20 seconds for it to be processed via
all the different steps along the way, and then be sent out via the
plug servers....

Hope you all had a good new years. And for the record, the plug
administrator queues have been cleared!

Just looking for a small bit of input. Would people be concerned if we
just dropped all incoming mail, not from a subscriber, rather than put
it in a moderation queue? This would ease the job of the
moderators/admins. My/our reasoning being, the only thing we do with
the moderation queue, is send spam to dspam, and discard emails. We
also reject them if they appear to come from a human, with the message
you need to be subscribed to the list. Of course, any emails held for
moderation due to an oversized body/attachment, or any of the other
once in a blue moon reasons for holding a message, would be dealt with
as per normal.

Enjoy your holidays for those who have them!

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956