[plug] First Post for the year! Woot!!

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 20:49:51 WST 2006

> What I meant was that anyone trying to post, who was human AND not
> subscribed, would get a message to subscribe. If it's too difficult to
> decide "automagically" if the message came from a human or not, just
> send it to all.

Hmm, this is difficult...
If we send to all, we just add to extra spam on the net, cause most
emails that are spam, are from fake address, or spoofed addresses. So
some poor person might get a email from us, saying that they sent us
an email, causing them problems... Although, most of the time, the
emails will just bounce, adding to the general wasted internet
traffic.
Lots of spam, does get caught by dspam. But atm, it needs some
attention, and it is a learning system, so if we stop sending spam to
it, it stops learning. If we send all incoming messages not from
subscribers to dspam, then we risk it incorrectly learning ham as
spam.

I think the only option for removing the moderation queue (from the
plug list only, not committee or off-topic atm), is to slightly drop
all incoming emails not from subscribers, and make it clearer
everywhere you can get the plug address, that it is subscribers only.

Any other ideas?

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956