[plug] Oh we makin' progress

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Jan 3 22:28:57 WST 2006

Yahoo..

I set my admin desktop at the office to dual boot XP and Knoppix 3.9.

Recently employed secretary sits down at machine with admin manager to show her the ropes and starts
using it (I accidentally left it booted into knoppix). Runs through the mornings work until yours
truly arrives at the office..

Sit down, introduce self to secretary and start casual banter.. observe the KDE desktop and ask
about her familiarity with Linux and OpenOffice...

Comment back from both was "Oh? Thats not Microsoft Office? But it looks like it and I had no
problem using it. How much does it cost?"

Admin manager stunned and amazed. Considering study to move large portion of his other business over
to StarOffice (coz they want $$ support) and canceling pending order for 100 copies of MSO.

Progress little grasshopper

Brad