[plug] Oh we makin' progress

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Wed Jan 4 08:02:30 WST 2006

Brad Campbell wrote:
> Yahoo..
>
> I set my admin desktop at the office to dual boot XP and Knoppix 3.9.
>
> Recently employed secretary sits down at machine with admin manager to
> show her the ropes and starts using it (I accidentally left it booted
> into knoppix). Runs through the mornings work until yours truly arrives
> at the office..
>
> Sit down, introduce self to secretary and start casual banter.. observe
> the KDE desktop and ask about her familiarity with Linux and OpenOffice...
>
> Comment back from both was "Oh? Thats not Microsoft Office? But it looks
> like it and I had no problem using it. How much does it cost?"
>
> Admin manager stunned and amazed. Considering study to move large
> portion of his other business over to StarOffice (coz they want $$
> support) and canceling pending order for 100 copies of MSO.
>
> Progress little grasshopper
>
> Brad

Gotta love it when that happens, especially because "Linux is sooo hard
to use, didn't you know ?!"

Quite a while ago I had Linspire installed on one of our laptops, I was
out on a job and the CEO booked out that laptop for use over the
weekend. I didn't get any calls over the weekend but when I went to use
the lappy again on Monday it was still hibernating with OOo Writer open,
with a 10 page report done up complete with graphs and formatting, quite
impressive since the CEO is fairly computer illiterate, and "Linux is
sooo hard to use, didn't you know ?!".