[plug] Oh we makin' progress

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Thu Jan 5 00:02:35 WST 2006

Timothy White wrote:
>> Admin manager stunned and amazed. Considering study to move large portion of his other business over
>> to StarOffice (coz they want $$ support) and canceling pending order for 100 copies of MSO.
>>
>> Progress little grasshopper
>
> Congratulations! Sounds good. Let us know how it goes!

Said manager came in today and said to me.. "I nearly called you last night with a computer problem.
I could not open an excel document". I exclaimed a little surprise and he continued "Oh no, it was
my error. I un-installed Microsoft Office from my laptop and installed OpenOffice last night, I just
needed to tell Windows to use OpenOffice to open the .xls file"

You could have knocked me down with a feather.

If we can free them from dependence on MSO, I might have a good case for freeing them from Windows
entirely.

Outlook is in my sights now.