[plug] system hangs after kernel upgrade

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Jan 5 10:08:21 WST 2006

Craig,
So you are saying that using aptitude to install does not pass the initrd command?  Can you refresh my memory with either a document that describes this or the command to be used as I've not done this before.

Thanks

Jon

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 03:21:38PM +0800, Jon  Miller wrote:
> I'm attempting to do an kernel upgrade from 2.4.27-2-686  to 2.6.8-2-686 and when the system boot it hangs at the prompt /sbin/init: 432: Connot open dev/console No such file.

Most likely you forgot to include the initrd on the boot command line.
The initrd is required to set up udev, without which you won't get far.

--
Craig Ringer
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au