[plug] Overclocking a CPU

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Sat Jan 7 21:34:43 WST 2006

Caleb Duggan wrote:
> What CPU do you have?

2.6GHz Celeron on a Foxconn motherboard.  Foxconn documentation is
pathetic.  The entire section on the BIOS consists of:

    After you finish the setting of jumpers and connect correct cables,
power on the system and press <del> during POST (Power On Self Test) to
enter the BIOS Setup Utility.  choose "Load Optimized Defaults" for
recommended optimal performance.  Please make sure your system
components are good enough for optimized defaults.

Whooppeeeee

In looking for multipliers, etc. I found the following under "Integrated
Peripherals":
    IDECH0 Access Interface   [EDB Bus]
    IDECH1 Access Interface   [EDB Bus]
    (more lines for USB, network, sound)
The options are 'EDB Bus' (whatever that is) and 'PCI Bus'.
I changed all to PCI, and FC4 installed without any problems.

I have not tried another install so I do not know if my success was
chance or not.

Jim