[plug] Remove SQL

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 22:21:51 WST 2006

On 08/01/06, Chris Watt <something.rotten at gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't mention what was on it because I assumed everyone would assume OSX.
>
> Anyway, it's running OSX.  Which i believe is BSD based?
>
> ~Chris

What have you tried so far? What error messages? Is this the mysql
that ships with OSX Server or something you've installed yourself?

A Google search ('osx mysql remove') brought up this:
http://support.adobe.com/devsup/devsup.nsf/docs/52355.htm which just
suggests deleting the mysql files - if you've tried that already then
let us know why it didnt work.

The MySQL manual
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mac-os-x-installation.html)
also lists where files are installed by the installer .pkg if you
installed it yourself - I'm not familiar with that part of OS X so I'm
not sure whether there is a standard graphical uninstall utility for
packages - it may be that you'll need to go through that page and
delete all the files it says it installs from a shell.
-Patrick