[plug] Reverse DNS Issue

Shannon Carver Shannon.Carver at P-S-T.COM.AU
Mon Jan 9 10:56:27 WST 2006

Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused about my reverse dns setup.. I have a few IP's from a
couple of different ISP's, in which both host domains.  I've setup their
reverse DNS records too which I wrongly assumed were done at my side,
but I think for a dynamically allocated IP from an ISP should probably
be done from there side.  In other words, if I have the IP 203.59.63.44,
iinet might set its reverse DNS as vn-203-59-63-44-perth.iinet.net.au.

I have a mail server hosted on an ip, in which the provider (Acure),
don't have a reverse DNS setup, and a few hosts are thus returning my
mail with errors such as: