[plug] Remove SQL

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Jan 9 15:26:26 WST 2006

Chris Watt wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> This might be considered off topic but, I need to completely uninstall
> mySQL from my Mac.  So far I just cannot do it.  I've tried everything
> I can fine.

Why?

I wouldn't recommend messing with the guts of the stock Mac OS X install
  too much. Apple's upgrades tend to be lively affairs of breaking
software at the best of times; helping it break things won't be fun.

Consider diabling MySQL ( IIRC launchd controls this in recent Mac OS X;
see the documentation ) and be done with it. A few megs of disk space
use won't hurt you, and it won't be taking up CPU time or RAM if it's
not running.

--
Craig Ringer