[plug] USB webcam

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 21:53:27 WST 2006

> since i posted i have put the camera on my machine for testing
> and got the same result.
> i tried what you said and no joy.
> Its as if the module is loading in the wrong order as I have to
> rmmod first then modprobe.
> my quickfix at the moment is to put the commands in rc.local.
> This is the first time i have had module issue like this so
> I would like to work out why its not loading properly.

I'm stabbing in the dark now - but I wonder if it's either:
    An kernel issue
    A dependency issue

Are you familiar with compiling kernels? If so, you might try that,
otherwise, perhaps try and see if the problem occurs when booting off
a live cd, such as knoppix or ubuntu.

hth,
danielax
--
Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com