[plug] Tutorials CD

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jan 11 11:51:49 WST 2006

On 11 Jan 2006 at 5:50, Senectus . wrote:

> Arie considering the time of the year that you posted it, I'd say it
> hasn't been picked up yet.

Yes I believe that is quite likely, considering how far it is to the
South Perth post office.

But surely it is not that difficult for someone to check for email to the
secretary.!!!

Especially since I did post some discussion on the mailing list prior to
completion of the CD.

> Are you capable of turning your CD into an ISO image?
> a simple method is like this:
> dd if=/dev/cdrom of=your.iso
>
> If you convert it to an .iso I (or someone else) can host it for bit
> torrent seeding, or even direct downloading.

There has already been suggestions of using an iso image in previous
discussions, and as I have previously pointed out - this would be
inappropriate due to copyright issues related to content created by
people other than myself.

The contents of the CD are not to be [ displayed | transmitted |
distributed ] via the internet, in any way or form.

The original intent was to provide a resource to P.L.U.G. members via the
P.L.U.G. library - where they could borrow the CD for their personal
reference.

As I stated in my email to the P.L.U.G. secretary - I was hopeful that
perhaps a copy could/would be provided to all new members when they first
joined P.L.U.G. - but, due to the fact that I have not received any
communications from the secretary - I can only assume that my email has
not been read by the secretary or possibly it has been [ ignored |
overlooked ].

Regards Arie