[plug] opensuse 10 "net install"

Quintin Lette qlette at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:01:05 WST 2006

> > Is there another one I can use that may perhaps be on the WAIX? if not in Aus?

No idea, I downloaded the isos, copied them to a directory on my
file/web server and installed off there

> > and also is there a "set procedure" to doing a "net inst" for opensuse?
> > i.e. do I put the ftp src address in "options" before i click on
> > installation - or do I use the YAST menu later?

on boot where you have the options for display etc there is an option
that says cd, change that to http or ftp or whatever the source you
have available, it will then install directly from there.

> I use the following as ftp sites for YOU updates.
> http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/suse/Suse/
> http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/suse/
>
> Whether they work for net installs, I don't know - I've never done one.
> Sorry I can't help more.

they don't have the installation source just the isos.