[plug] Sarge Debian installation

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Wed Jan 11 23:50:02 WST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 22:52 +0800, Jon Miller wrote:
> I'm using that DVD and I have not noticed the bug, but I selected the CD-ROM as a source and edited the source.list file manually for the other sources.

Then you would've fixed the bug - it was just a repository or two (I
think only 1) that was wrong. Big problem if you're a Debian n00b,
otherwise you wouldn't even notice. ;-)

IIRC, Dave's a Mandriva fan.

[OT] it's amazing how popular Linux Format is, here in Au - there are
plenty Linux mags around, but this one seems to somehow be what the Au
audience goes for. I'm on the Pioneer Valley LUG mailing list and the
"chief mailer" there recommends it as well.