[plug] Sarge Debian installation

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Thu Jan 12 19:51:57 WST 2006

Richard Meyer wrote:

>On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 19:02 +0800, David Dartnall wrote:
>

>>Thanks Richrd and Tomasz - I'll give it a go!
>>DD
>>

>That CD/DVD you're using - is it the one that came with Linux Format
>magazine a few months ago? If it is, it has a small bug in
>the /etc/apt/sources.list file - just a small change. Give me a shout if
>it is and I'll send you the fix.

No it's not Richard, it is the disc provided with February APC.
You were right, I was given the opportunity to install where I wanted it
but encountered error messages about missing modules with the comment
that they might become available later in the installation process.
In any event installation halted with 'Couldn't download
libtext-wrapi18n-perl' and notification of a corrupted dvd...

So that's where I am - but thanks for your offer of assistance anyway.

regards
DD