[plug] Imaging drive

Daniel Pearson gpearson at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 15 14:28:10 WST 2006

Hey guys,

Am running FreeBSD (trying everything, thought I'd try some non linuxy)
and although it's not linux, I'm under the impression that what I want
to do is fairly standard across the board.

What I've done is installed it, and set everything up to the way I want.
I want to now be able to make a complete image of this installation onto
DVD, so that in the event that I bugger something up majorly all I need
to do is put in the DVD, boot up off it and it will wipe the hard drive,
and put this image file on there.

I've had a look at DD, but not too sure how I can get the boot part of
things to work.

Any ideas?

Cheers; Dan