[plug] OpenOffice Impress help required

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Jan 15 17:24:44 WST 2006

Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Saturday 14 January 2006 01:13, Brad Campbell wrote:
>> Now this normally would not be too much of an issue, except my laser
>> pointer remote interfaces using USB-HID and looks like a keyboard.
>
> Use a wireless mouse. Left-click means next, right-click means previous,
> middle-click for a menu. That way you can point with your laser hand
> and click with your mouse hand. By choosing hte correct wireless mouse,
> you can get 30 or 40m of range from your laptop.

Except that means I have to go and purchase a wireless mouse, where I already have the remote with
laser pointer built in, and I have used it for enough years that I have perfect motor memory while
I'm presenting. Also, having it all in one leaves my left hand comfortably free.

Oh, and being right handed, my laser hand and mouse hand are one and the same anyway :)
I'm quite uncoordinated with my left hand.

Ta for the thought though. I did manage to get it working using xmodmap. (I also managed to almost
completely make my keyboard unusable in the process, but we call that learning also :O )

On the topic of Impress. I quite like it. It seems to have most of the features I need and allow the
little flourishes that are a complete waste of time in a presentation, but the crowd like.

Regards,
Brad