[plug] Compiling OV511 module with compression for PCVC720K

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Mon Jan 16 12:46:19 WST 2006

Hi Alex

I'm using a Logitech Quick-Campro 4000 which is internally a Phillips, with a
locally compiled 2.6.14.1 kernel. The driver I am using is the pwc source
package from http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/ - the documentation mentions
your camera, so I guess it should work for you.
Unpack it into /usr/src, make and make install, and it 'just works'. At least
it did for me :-)

I found 'lsusb', 'tail -f /var/log/syslog', and 'xawtv -device /dev/video0'
the best tools for debugging.

Steve

--
Steve Boak, P.O. Box 240, Nannup, WA 6275
Nannup Telecentre IT support, ph (08) 9756 3022