[plug] knoppix not recognising or powering USB

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 13:15:12 WST 2006

> If I plug a USB key in I get nothing (2 different types I've tried)
> and I've tried plug in a standard USB keyboard.
> Anyone know how to kick the USB ports in to activity?

What happens on dmesg after you plug them in? do you get any activity
notices like:
usb 1-2.1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 6
usb-storage: device found at 6
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
or does the kernel not notice anything?

On 1/16/06, Senectus . <senectus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a very new model samsung M50 laptop here (new enough to have a
> sata 2.5" hard drive!!), and all in all knoppix works wonderfully,
> except it seems to not power any of the USB ports.
> If I do a lsusb It can see 5 USB bus's 1 of which is in use (internal
> bluetooth adapter).
> If I plug a USB key in I get nothing (2 different types I've tried)
> and I've tried plug in a standard USB keyboard.
> Anyone know how to kick the USB ports in to activity?
>
> --
> www.modmeup.net
> Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
> The less you know, the more you believe. - Bono

Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com