[plug] Unwanted knocking

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 19 12:28:18 WST 2006

skribe <skribe at amber.com.au> writes:

>I've had 125.234.250.153 knocking at my port 53 all night.  Suggestions?

Is it scanning any other ports?

Some of the worms shut up when you send them very large packets on
port 1026 or 1027. It gives you a couple of hours of peace until the
luser reboots.

Of course I'm not suggesting that you do that, because to do so
might be construed as being unlawful in Australia.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
 X   against HTML mail     |  they threaten."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.