[plug] Bad EIP Value continued

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Jan 22 11:58:46 WST 2006

Joong,
You download the memtest program install it on a disk.  I think it creates a bootable disk or if not then have a bootable disk and once booted switch floppy to the memtest one and run it.
Another way which I prefer is to use the Ultimate Boot Disk this has quite a few tools on it that you may want to run and test your system.

Jon

>>> joongcho at westnet.com.au 9:09:32 pm 21/01/2006 >>>
Hey all,

You may remember me asking about this several months ago, or last year. I
tried a new RAM module today and the problem still props up. So could it be
related to another hardware issue altogether or would I have to reinstall
linux?

Also, when I start debian and come to the blue screen, at the top it says
GNU GRUB version 0.95 (639K lower / 1045696K upper memory ). Could this be
the problem with the low lower memory and is there a way to fix this without
resorting to getting a new hardware or reinstalling the software?

And how do you run memtest86 again?

Cheers.

Joong Cho
Joong Cho Enterprises
President

Business: +61 8 9354 7178
Fax: +61 8 9354 7174
Mobile: +61 0439 963 499

Web Site Administrator and Web Site Designer
http://www.joongcho.com/
http://www.startreklibrary.com/

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au