[OT] Re: [plug] vSat 2-way

any one pootlebumtrinket at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 23 13:57:01 WST 2006

>'scuse me, sir, but your name's spelt all wrong -
it's Bootle Bumtrinket
>as shown in Gerald Durrell's "Garden of the Gods" (I
just checked).

Ha ha you could well be right.  It was also the name
of the boat in
"Three men In A Boat"
(to say nothing of the dog)

by Jerome K. Jerome

Some other joker already had Bootle I had to
improvise.

As to my technical question it goes to my trying to
shift ISP since
I was chucked of the plug list for bounces back in
November 04.

Still homeless as yet. :(

>And the reason I set the reply to [OT] is because I
don't have a clue
>about your technical question, but felt I had to make
my voice
heard.    ;-)

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 16:00 +1100, any one wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am considering a BorderNET  vSat 2-way satellite
>> service. They say up
>> front they do not support Linux.  Does any one have
>> any experience
>> of BorderNET positive or otherwise?  Or have one of
>> there 2-way sat
>> connections.
>>
>> How tricky was it to get up and running with a
Linux