[plug] Australia and New Zealand slow to take up Linux

James Laurence Clarke jamesc at global.net.au
Thu Jan 26 20:57:12 WST 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 03:49 pm, simon wrote:
> Every time I hear about something like this I get very happy!
>
> Why? Because those of us who do use linux and other OSS have a competitive
> edge.....

Yeah, but having so many Windows boxen out there is a makes my life a pain
when I have to write software to run on their instable platform (think .NET).
The way I see it if everyone used Linux or other *nix it would be a
programmers paradise.

I suggest we all come up with a good marketing campain to get the message out
that Linux and OSS are good!

But the message needs to be clear just what it is and why it's good, not like
those OS/Warp advertisements that IBM must have spent a fortune on but no one
knew what they were selling!

--
James Clarke