[plug] [OT] Managers - Was: PCMCIA woes

simon simon at chrome64.org
Fri Jan 27 18:36:45 WST 2006

Tomasz Grzegurzko (tomasz_g at arach.net.au) wrote:

> I'm afraid I didn't reach much past the "All sorted and good" part --
> but yes you seem to be absolutely correct. If it is relevant, it makes
> about as much sense as my manager.

My 'manager' story: Id worked for the same superannuation company for many
years. Said manager was a pleb brought over from Sydney to troubleshoot the IT
dept. Said company, running a somewhat antique system, had the concept of
accounts which had special codes on the system - for example, a D5 account was
an Investment account, D2 was a personal superannuation account etc. This is a
core concept of what they do. Even the milk lady knows the codes and what they
mean.

In the middle of a meeting with the business talking requirements and
priorities, someone mentioned D5 accounts. This god of management, after
having worked there for over *12 months*, says 'whats a D5 account?'.

We could hear the laughter for hours afterwards :S Made us look really good :S

--
Simon Scott
simon at chrome64.org
mob: 0409113359