[plug] TV / Video input card for laptop

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 29 14:00:21 WST 2006

I have a ComPro DVB USB on a stick.  Looks like an overlarge usb key.
My son has it working on an XP machine - seems as good as the DVB Fusion
PCI card I am using in a myth box.  I have got as far as compiling the
modules and ran out of time/interest before xmas, but will get back to
it soon.  Module support is in 2.6.15.  This might be better/cheaper
than a pcmcia card - I find pcmcia card support in linux generally sucks
in both functionality and usability.

The Avermedia looks nice tho with analog TV and FM radio as well!

BillK

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 11:46 +0800, Benjamin Woods wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am looking at buying a tv input and video input card for my laptop.
> Its gonna be a PCMCIA card.
>
> I would like it to be able to get digital tv.
>
> I am currently looking at getting one of the AverMedia cards.
> It can do both analog and digital tv (and can do 1080i HD TV).
> It can also do FM radio... which is cool.
>
> I want it to be usable with linux.
> One of the other messages in the archives mentioned that the person should get
> a VisionPlus DVB since they have linux support.
>
> What do you guys recommend?
> I know pretty much nothing on this subject.
>
> From: Benjamin Woods
> bwoods at kite.homelinux.net
> Registered Linux User #372573
Home!