[plug] Nokia 770 Internet Tablet on Ebay - Perth seller

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Fri Jul 7 22:43:51 WST 2006

On 7 Jul 2006 at 21:59, Patrick Coleman wrote:

8<--------------- snip ------------------->8

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&ih=001&item=110005964260&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

8<--------------- snip ------------------->8

> > > That link breaks for me - try this one: http://tinyurl.com/plyo2
> >
> > I believe the correct way to put a link in emails, that shouldn't
> > break, is like this....

<http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&item=1100059642
> > 60&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1>

8<--------------- snip ------------------->8

The line wrap setting in your email client could also effect whether URL
"breaks" when you try to access it.

Suggestion :

Change the line wrap setting of your email client and then load the email
meesage conatining the above URL - Does it "break" in the same place ???

Example :

My email client line wraps at 74 characters - so if I try to access the
URL as shown in my email client - the URL appears to be broken - so I
just highlight and copy the whole URL and paste it into my browser then
edit it to remove the line break and any extraneous characters - and it
works for me.

Regards Arie