[plug] Suse Enterprise Desktop/Server

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 9 18:12:57 WST 2006

"Chris Watt" <something.rotten at gmail.com> writes:

>So OpenSUSE would still be the same as enterprise desktop/server?

>Mainly I like the enterprise desktop program due to it's intuitive
>nature (also looks and feels nicer than teh vista beta i was using fro
>a bit to test out).

The Enterprise stuff has extra fruit (including the fancy desktop).
Way more than OpenSUSE if you are looking for that sort of thing.

It takes a lot of work to get OpenSUSE to do much of the same stuff
as Enterprise; and there may be some things in Enterprise that you
simply cannot do because of proprietary components. I'm being vague
here because a) I don't know exact details; b) there are lots of
small differences; and c) you can go to the SUSE (Novell) web site
and find the details.

Download OpenSUSE and compare it to Enterprise (desktop). You can
then judge if the difference is worth it.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
 X   against HTML mail     |  they threaten."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.