[plug] problem attempting to connect ppp through cdma modem

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 16 10:40:40 WST 2006

Generally, only one program can access the serial port at a time.  Make
sure minicom isnt running at the same time.  Check /var/lock for a tty
lock file - sometimes a root owned file may be left behind that a user
level program cant overide.

Lastly, some distros use a separate group for serial ports and/or ppp
that your desktop user may need adding to.

BillK