[plug] almost there with wireless broadband modem....

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Sun Jul 16 21:15:17 WST 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 21:04 +0800, David Buddrige wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I abandoned kppp in favour of wvdial.

I don't claim any expertise, but I find that on different installs and
different machines that one has to have more than one ppp dialler in
your arsenal because sometimes one will work in one situation but not
another.  For example, wvdial has caused me problems until I dug deep
into its settings, but then it has worked 'out of the box' wonderfully
well on another installation (I'm using it now).  Ditto kppp. Ditto
'config-network-devices' on a Fedora install.  Anyway, blah-de-blah, you
have discovered all that already ;-).

Post your /etc/wvdial.conf here and let's have a look.  Also say how
you've got your broadband modem connected, ie, eth0 ttys0, whatever.

Gavin.