[plug] Linux Compatible Phone

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Mon Jul 17 09:36:24 WST 2006

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:01, Michael Holland wrote:

> Anything with bluetooth has a good chance. I've used Motorola and Sony
> Ericsson 3G phones, which use weird protocols over USB, but behave nicely
> on bluetooth.
>   The other thing you need is syncing for the PDA features. Sony Ericsson
> phones use SyncML which works well with Mac-OS, and I _believe_ with Linux,
> though I'm still using a Palm-pilot.
>
> http://multisync.sourceforge.net/news.php

I haven't tried multisync.  I do know that my experience with SE is that their
phones work great up until you try and connect them to a computer.  Never got
my Z1010 working with linux and even the windows software crashes regularly
(sometimes taking the phone with it).

skribe
--
Who loves not wisely but too well