[plug] auth.log

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 11:33:09 WST 2006

> > And here's everything that's in the Crontab atm..
> > 17 *    * * *   root    run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
> > 25 6    * * *   root    test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts --report
>
> Am I right in suggesting that the line above is set to activate at the
> same time that you are having the log entries for the 'nobody' sessions ?

Check the /etc/anacrontab and see what is running. You'll probably
find that it's something in the /etc/cron.d or /etc/cron.daily
directorys. (They are like 'crontab' parts, making up a large crontab,
so not everything run by cron is in /etc/crontab, lots is in separate
files, for easier management by packages).

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au