[plug] Blank messages

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Sun Jul 23 17:47:06 WST 2006

On Sunday 23 July 2006 13:22, skribe wrote:
> Hey folks:
>
> A friend of mine is having problems reading some of my emails.  He uses
> both Outlook and Outlook Express (on different machines).  I use kmail.  He
> can read with Express but not with Outlook.  Outlook shows my messages to
> be blank.  Is there a setting either of us can use to remedy the problem?
> Unfortunately he has to use Outlook at work.

I remember having a similar problem a few months ago with kmail, and after a
lot of digging around for information, it turned out to be kmail chose the
wrong character encoding when replying to certain messages, and then Outlook
completely ignored the contents.

I think it was in [settings] [appearance] [message window tab] "fallback
character encoding" being set to some weird character set. And it
just 'happened', I don't think I changed anything to cause it. Mind you, I
could be wrong about that :-)

If your friend can (in Outlook) change the properties/character encoding of
the messages you sent, he should be able to read them.

Steve

--
Steve Boak, P.O. Box 240, Nannup, WA 6275
Nannup Telecentre IT support, ph (08) 9756 3022